BEaC (Be Active, be a Citizen)
From 2022, CEDEUM is involved as a partner in the ERASMUS + BeAC project. The BEaC project aims to develop training resources to help young people, aged 15 to 24, living in disadvantaged environments, acquire and put into practice critical thinking skills.
Throughout the project and in order to achieve the above-mentioned objective, the project will trainprofessionals, including youth workers, teachers, social workers, mental health professionals, VETproviders, and volunteers working and supporting young people with fewer opportunities. The project will build the capacities of the professionals, so as they can support young people in acquiring and developing their critical thinking skills and to apply them in active citizenships practices.
The expected tangible result of the project is a set of complementary resources to support youtheducators to develop critical thinking and active citizenship among disadvantaged adolescents and young adults.
The tools correspond to the following Project Results:
- PR1: The Be Active, be a Citizen – a workshop programme based on the philosophy for community (P4C) methodologies
- PR2: The Be Active, be a Citizen – Artful thinking workshops for adolescents and young adults
- PR3: The BeAC photo challenge – an outreach activity to promote active-citizenship
- PR4: Teaching critical thinking through philosophy and art: a training for youth workers
Thanks to the implementation of these resources, the project expects to achieve the following results during its lifetime:
- supporting the development of critical thinking skills among disadvantaged youth
- promoting pro-social behaviours among disadvantaged youth, including increased Environmental citizenship, Democratic citizenship at the EU level and Social citizenship
- support to social inclusion of youth coming from marginalised contexts
- support the upskilling of youth workers for the implementation of tailored active citizenship training programmes
Visit the BEaC website for more information:
The organization Fundatia de Sprijin Comunitar from Romania is the project coordinator, and the partners in the project are:
• IASIS (Greece)
• ANZIANI E NON SOLO SOCIETA COOPERATIVA SOCIALE (Italy)
• K.S.D.E.O. EDRA (Greece)
• ASOCIATIA HABILITAS – CENTRUL DE RESURSE SI FORMARE PROFESIONALA (Romania)
• CENTAR ZA DRAMU U EDUKACIJI I UMETNOSTI CEDEUM (Serbia)
• REDIAL PARTNERSHIP CLG (Ireland)
The project was financed from the Erasmus+ program of the European Union; lasts 24 months (January 2022 – January 2024)